Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Update on possible procedure for Katie

I spoke with Katie's Palliative Care doctor yesterday. He said that he had spoken with 2 radiologist at Children's about the splenic embolyzation and both agreed that a partial splenic embolyzation is the way to go. In this procedure they only stop the blood flow to part of the spleen so that part dies and is reabsorbed. The radiologist then called me and talked me through the procedure. It would be done at the hospital in radiology, taking about 2 hours. She said that she would need to stay flat between 4-8 hours after the procedure but that if everything went well she would go home the same day. Basically, we just need to make the decision to do the procedure and let them know when we are available.

2 comments:

  1. Clint and I are thinking about Katie and your family. Please let us know if you need anything!

    Clint and Kim Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K. let me know when you choose (soon I hope) & I will be there t the hospital with you no matter what!!

    ReplyDelete